Friday, September 20, 2013

Brass


Have you ever considered brass as an outdoor decoration?  One of my favorite uses for brass is outdoors.  It can withstand all climates.  I especially  enjoy brass in the winter landscape when the snow collects and outlines each piece.  They also are interesting in an ice storm. Brass glistens in the sun.  It also gets a beautiful patina as it ages.  You can purchase brass relatively inexpensively at antique and resale stores. The ballerina was priced at $75.  I was only able to get 10 percent off.  I paid $67.50 for her.  She is approximately 33" tall.

Eagle
The eagle measures18" tall.
I purchased it at an upscale resale for $18.00

Mouse
The mouse I purchased at an antique store.It measures 8.5"H.
I paid $6.99.

Reindeer

I'm always tempted to put a dog collar on them;  I think they look like little Chihuahuas!  The tallest stands 22"H. The pair was purchased at an upscale resale for $18.00.

Happy Fall!

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment